This role offers administrative support for various members of the organization and assists with general administrative duties that are particular to the Cary Office. To be successful in this role the employee must have excellent customer service skills and pleasant demeanor as this is also a customer service type role, interacting with both internal (employees) and external customers/visitors.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Scanning documents and renaming and saving files according to file structure guidelines
- If you are at your desk (not required at all times due to other work assignments), cordially and respectfully greet and welcome guests as they arrive at the office and direct visitors to the appropriate person and office (Please note that you are not required to be at your desk at all times, if other duties required)
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary materials, including refilling candy and mint bowls
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Assist with breakroom cleanliness, organization and supply replenishment
Courier runs as needed and requested to support the team with municipal submittals, contracts, RFPs, RFQs, and other related paperwork
- Contribute to office safety and security by following safety procedures and flagging any issues or potential issues to supervisor or a member of management
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email, as needed
- Perform other clerical and office duties to assist the company and coworkers with assignments, such as but not limited to: filing, photocopying, faxing, organizing supplies, keeping office areas tidy and safe, restocking and ordering supplies, and/or other requests for administrative assistance
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. scanners, fax machines, and printers)
- Professional attitude with a keen focus on customer service skills and delivery
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful, proactive, and seek solutions
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet productivity expectations
- Proven work experience as an administrative assistant, receptionist, or similar role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- High school degree
- Certification in Office Management
Work will be performed in office environment. May from time to time be required to make deliveries and or run errands, as requested.
Must be able to sit, stand, bend, twist, and lift up to 20 pounds. Handling of office supplies, copy paper, etc.