What is WebEx?
Cisco Webex is the leading enterprise solution for video conferencing, online meetings, screen share, and webinars. WebEx allows us to host and record virtual meetings with text chat, voice, and video capabilities.
Registering for a Public Meeting
Do I need to register?
Yes. If you do not register for the meeting, you will not receive a meeting link or call-in number and you will not be able to access the audio or video portions of the meeting.
How do I register?
On the meeting information page, click the link below the “Registration” heading. You will be redirected to the WebEx website. Enter any required information; this will typically include a first and last name and an email address. Meeting details will be sent to the email address you provide.
Joining a Public Meeting
What device(s) can I use to join a meeting?
You can access the video portion of the meeting using a smart phone or a desktop, laptop, or tablet computer that is connected to the Internet. We recommend joining the meeting using a smart phone or computer in order to see any screen shares and to “raise your hand” if you have a question or comment.
You can access the audio portion of the meeting using a smart phone, telephone, or your computer’s audio. If you access the audio portion using a computer, you must have a device with a microphone in order to speak in the meeting; otherwise, you will be limited to listening only.
Please note that in order to maintain orderly and easy-to-hear meetings, WithersRavenel automatically mutes all participants when they join a meeting. If you access the meeting using only a telephone, you will not be able to un-mute yourself to ask questions or provide comments.
How do I join a meeting?
- In your email program, open the invitation email you received.
- Click the “Join Meeting” button.
- On the WebEx meeting page, enter your name and email address. Click “Join Meeting.”
- If prompted, click “Run.” If the meeting software does not launch automatically, click on the downloaded WebEx file to launch the program.
- Select your Audio Connection and Video Connection options from the drop-down menus. (Note: If you select “No Audio,” you will not be able to hear the presenter.)
- Click Join Meeting.