04 Sep WithersRavenel Administers Golden LEAF, Other Grants for Shelby, NC
WithersRavenel has been involved in securing more than $10 million in funding for infrastructure improvements to an industrial site that will also be used to support the expansion of Clearwater Paper within the Washburn Switch Business Park in Shelby, NC. In 2017 the company announced a major expansion that will bring an additional 180 jobs and $330 million in private-sector investment to the area, bringing the total number of manufacturing jobs it has generated to 480. The expansion will include production facility and distribution space, providing a substantial economic boost to the City of Shelby and to Cleveland County.
WithersRavenel’s team provided application assistance, funding management, and administration of the grants on behalf of the City of Shelby, which included the following:
- Golden LEAF Foundation Economic Catalyst Grant: Westside Crest Sewer Improvements – $1,500,000
- Golden LEAF Foundation Major Site Development Initiative: Farmville Road Water Loop – $3,000,000
- CDBG-ED: Westside Crest Sewer Improvements Project – $3,000,000
- NC Department of Commerce Industrial Development Fund: Westside Crest Sewer Project – $1,000,000
- U.S. Economic Development Administration: Public Works & Economic Development – Farmville Road Water Loop – $2,250,000
The Golden Leaf Foundation is touting this project as one of its best examples of collaborative effort due to the combined involvement of the Golden LEAF Foundation, the NC Rural Infrastructure Authority, and Duke Energy. WithersRavenel is proud to be part of bringing this project to life and reinvigorating the economic landscape in Shelby and Cleveland County!